What is Pediatric Physiotherapy?
– Helping younger clients realize their physical abilities
Based on your child’s needs, our pediatric therapist may choose to focus on one or a variety of areas such as enhancing and restoring muscular strength, increasing range of motion and joint mobility or improving posture and balance. This can be achieved through exercise therapy, balance and coordination training, and an emphasis on gross and fine motor skills.
We work closely with other healthcare providers involved in the child care plan and welcome the opportunity to integrate their goals and strategies into our treatment plans.
Most of our patients are funded through At Home Program.
Common Conditions We Treat in Pediatric Physiotherapy
- Pediatric musculoskeletal issues such as anterior knee pain and sporting injuries
- Postural concerns
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Developmental concerns such as flat feet or knock knees
- Motor developmental disorders
- Balance and coordination issues
- Children and adolescents requiring rehabilitation following trauma, fractures and surgery
- Walking abnormalities
- Neurological issues including cerebral palsy and muscle weakness disorders
Unable to find information here? Feel free to call us at 778-554-2474 or email at email@example.com. We will be happy to answer your questions.
Our services may be fully or partially covered under your extended health care plans, ICBC, MSP, WCB.